Knitting and reading: May

4:01 PM

This month I have some new projects on the needles, and I'm also working on age-old projects. One of the newer ones are these Knotty gloves:



This is my first go with Hedgehog fibres and I love the colorway (Banana legs), but I'm not too fond of my stitches splitting all the time. Knotty gloves have been on my queue for quite some time, so it was about time to get them on the needles. The only thing is that spring arrived in Finland while I was still working on the gloves, so there won't be much use for the gloves before the fall. The book is "Blonde" by Joyce Carol Oates. It's a book that's been on my bookshelf for 15 years just waiting for the right moment. When I saw a friend of mine posting on Instagram about reading this book with another friend I told them I would join them. As soon as I've read this book:


This one is "Jumalan sana" by Kari Hotakainen. He's a pretty popular Finnish author, but not one of my favorites. The thing is that The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra is hosting a reading event where people discuss this book and the renewal of the economy. The book is a novel about an entrepreneur and his thoughts about the economy. I liked the idea of mixing facts and fiction so I signed up for the event and the book is actually pretty good so I don't mind reading it. That awesome yarn is Walk collection Linea and it should turn into a sweater. This is the first swatch, and those of you who follow me on Instagram have seen that I got pretty far with the knitting already before noticing that it's not going to work out, so there was a pretty large swatch number two also. Now I think I'm on the right track and it's going to be lovely.


Then there are some old projects. The first one is Pine cardigan by Helga Isager. I've been knitting it on and off since October and it was on my first Knitting and reading post last November. There has been progress since then, but I ran out of yarn and had to put it on hold. Now I have the yarn and I'm determined to finish this project soon. The book is "Järjestäjä" by Antti Holma. He's a really popular actor who announced that he's moving to London to write another book and I haven't even read the first one. Well, to be honest I haven't seen him acting either as he's been mostly on TV and I don't watch TV. But at least I'll read the book. The first part was hilarious, but then either I lost interest in reading it or he lost interest in writing it and I find myself picking up other books instead. Let's hope it gets better.


Another project that I've been working on forever is this dress for poor Troll princess. I ended up ripping the whole thing and starting all over again... She's trusting that it will eventually turn into a dress, though, as yesterday she gave me a drawing of herself wearing the dress! The book is number two in the Wizard of Oz series.

What about my projects in April? I'm still reading Knausgård and I have actually put it on hold as I'll be traveling to Norway next month so I thought it would be nice to read the book while I'm there. Knausgård is Norwegian, and the book is about his early adulthood in northern Norway. I finished the summer tee that I had casted on on that post and I'm looking for test knitters for that one right now. I also finished the brioche shawl and that's also in the test knitting phase. I didn't get around to even start with "The God of Small Things". Maybe choosing your reading by the colors of your knitting isn't the best way to go - or then it's simply that the book is from my own bookshelf and library books always go first (I have stopped buying books because I never get around to read them - it's better to go with what the library has to offer). We finished "Onneli ja Anneli" with the kids, even if they didn't really like the book. I finished the gloves for Young warrior and showed them in an earlier post. I read "Punainen viiva", but the cardigan is on hold at the moment.

Participating in Ginny's Yarn along.

You Might Also Like

6 kommenttia

  1. That yellow! Oh, I love it! I have never made actual gloves before, I always go the mittens or fingerless mitts route, but those are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm usually not into gloves/mittens/socks at all, but it's nice to do something different occasionally :)

      Delete
  2. The first photo is so so amazing!!! I am always in love with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These gloves are really photogenic, I should knit more gloves just for the photo opportunities ;)

      Delete
  3. Your photos are gorgeous, and I will have to look up Knausgård! It sounds like an interesting read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can recommend Knausgård, but be warned: there are six books in the series and you'll get hooked ;)

      Delete

recent posts